Sunday, May 04, 2008

Anniversary and such.

So, Thursday the 24th was our 7-year anniversary. My god, has it been that long. Anyway, I had suggested to Matt that we go take in an IMAX movie in Harrisburg, then go to Passage to India for dinner.

Well, we didn't do the IMAX movie, which bummed me out, but we can do that some other time. Matt's never been to an IMAX movie before, and I think he'd really like it. I also suggested we hit Ashcombe's on the way and pick up our yearly supply of herb plants, but we were running a bit short on time and decided to bypass it.

We did get to Passage to India, though, and had a wonderful meal. I wound up getting the same thing I got the last time, which was Papri Chaat and Chicken Hylashi (?). If I had only 5 things that I could eat for the rest of my life, Papri Chaat would be one of them. I could happily devour it. I also had the whole-wheat Roti. Matt ordered the Mulagatawny soup (very good), Shrimp Biryani, which I tried and was also to die for (they had golden raisins in it), and he had the Kulfi for dessert, which I tried and liked, too. He ordered the passage naan which is stuffed with ginger, cottage cheese, almonds, raisins and herbs. OMG this was wonderful. All in all a memorable meal.

We then drove over to Wegman's on a whim. I had mentioned that I hated to make the drive and only do one thing (gas mileage rationale), and he suggested Wegman's, so off we went. Got the usual stuff: Israeli feta cheese, some bulk tea, some Russian Banana fingerling potatoes, apples, etc etc.

In other news, we still haven't planted the remaining 300lb of potatoes due to swampy conditions. Hopefully this week. I'm considering starting a garden blog, with pictures. It seems that I have a lot of garden related stuff in here, and this would give me the opportunity to start a 'diary' of dates and such that I can refer back to in the future when I'm planning out my future gardens. Hmmm.

JoAnne and I went to a composting workshop yesterday morning. I think I and two other guys (who appeared in their 30s) were the youngest there of the 25 or so in the class. The class leader was not a very good speaker, she kept using the wrong words and mixing up words, adding extra sylables. It was very painful at first, then got to be entertaining when she accidentally switched the word 'organism' for 'orgasm.' Seriously. Then she was talking about animal feces and accidentally sayed fetus instead. But we got a free composter out of the deal, so it was worth it. Now JoAnne is in competitive totally balls-to-the-walls my-composter-is-more-full-than-your-composter mode. It is very annoying, but that's the way she is, everything is a competition.

Max is well, he's been a dear when it comes to working outside. He'll sit and just listen, smell and watch the world go by while I dig and plant, and he's happy as a clam. I don't have to keep an eye on him as much. He's getting older, he'll be 9 this year.

Matthew left this morning for 2-weeks of training in Syracuse. I have the house to myself for a while. It feels weird. I have two lists of things I need to do inside as well as outside (in addition to the potatoes, and mowing the lawn) and I'll just work at it a bit at a time.

1 comment:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Ah, Passage to India... good times.

::nods to the papri chaat::

Glad to hear you two got a chance to celebrate your anniversary. :-)

I think a gardening blog is a great idea! Or maybe a hobbies blog where you talk about gardening and jewelery making, eh?

I bet JoAnne would have to revert to jealousy if you had a gardening blog. ;-)