Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our New Car

We've been kicking around getting a new car now for a few months, and finally bit the bullet and went window shopping the past two weeks. We saw three we liked in Hanover, and went back today to test drive them. Here were the results:
Green 2002 Camry: Eh. Didn't wow us, plus when we looked under the hood there were some problems.

Grey 2006 Camry XLE: ALL the bells and whistles: moonroof, alarm system, power seats and windows and locks. Outside temp, radio controls on the steering wheel. 34 Highway, 26 City. Drove well, no weird noises. Really nice.

Grey 2005 Mazda Tribute: We've never had an SUV, and this smaller one caught my eye due to the price. Heated seats, moonroof, power seat adjustment and windows and locks. Oh, and it was a 4x4. Before we drove it, I thought it would be a shoe-in, with the exception of the gas milage which was a really crappy 24 Hwy, 18 City. When we drove it, though, we kept hearing somethign icky with one of the front tires. It also just felt really big to me, even though it is a smaller SUV.

We went back to check on pricing, financing, trade-in, etc on the grey Camry and wound up driving it home.
REALLY nice car, really happy with it. I'm at work now, I got here late due to getting everything signed, etc, and I feel like I've been hit in the head with a brick. And I have a tension headache. But I'm happy with the car.

REALLY FUNNY STORY: We're sitting in the Toyota showroom waiting on our sales guy to come back, and I realized that the music playing on the speakers was "I think I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so!!!"

5 comments:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Making a big decision like that almost always makes people apprehensive. It'll pass.

The car looks great! I can't wait to go for a ride.

Jody M said...

Who wants to go for a ride!!! Does TIM want to go for a ride? In the car?!?! Does he?!?! YES!! A Ride in the CAR?!!?!?!

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

::LOL... and insert middle finger::

Anonymous said...

::places leaflet under the windshield wiper for the Pennsylvania Society Against Middle Finger Insertion::

Stop that! It's dangerous! Did you know that flipping the bird is the leading cause of front tooth loss in this country?

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

I will flip my bird wherever, whenever and at whom ever I please, thank you very much. ::lol::

p.s. you should totally make up a leaflet like that!