Friday, February 13, 2009

Save the Words!!

Stollen from author Kristine Smith's website.

Many words are lost from the English language every year.

Your job: Save them.

Go to the link and pick a word to adopt. You need to try to use this word as much as possible. It is a lot of fun to look through them and the sentences for each is hilarious.

My word:
Frutescent. adj.
Having or approaching the habit or appearance of a shrub.
"She gave her hair a frutescent makeover to
prepare for her appearance as a tree in the school play."


My word pick for Tim, based on the usage in a sentence:
Modernicide. n.
The killing of modern people.
"It's a shame that modernicide is illegal as
Celine Dion would be at the top of my list."


My word pick for Angie, because she always asks for water, no ice:
Aquabib. n.
Water drinker.

"'An aquabib by day, alcoholic by night' -that's
your grandfather."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I accept this mission!

:: marches off to find uses for the word aquabib ::

Jody M said...

Be sure to go pick your own, too!!! I was just kidding around, picking words for you two.

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

I'm good for it too,but I will do it later tonight.

Sadly, there are still people out there who refuse to embrace the siren-song of CĂ©line Dion. :-(