Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm baaaaack

After two years on Yahoo 360, I'm back here.

And boy! Do I have a story to tell!

I got home from work today at the regular time, around 5:20, let Max out, opened my Amazon package and started reading the last book in a series I've been waiting for and awaited my darling, loving husband to come home.

Tires on the driveway. Max goes berserk. There is a loud, insistent pounding at the door. Matthew does this some times, so I get up and go open the door....

...and there is a man there with a badge and a gun on his hip, holding a piece of paper.

"The fat is chewy," I say.

No, not really. He asked if it was 1314, and I said no, this is 1299. I said I didn't know where 1314 was, but it was down that way (pointing). He was a bond enforcement agent (bounty hunter). He walks off. I go look out the window, there is what looks like a white unmarked car in the driveway with a woman in it. She backs up, he starts down the driveway with a flashlight...

...just in time for Matt to get home and almost run him down. They proceed to have a conversation for about 5 minutes. He finally comes in the house. They are looking for a woman we don't know, and we discussed it and decided there is no 1314 on our road. We leave to go vote. We pass them again with the local cop, who no doubt was coming up to show them where 1314 was supposed to be.

When we get back to the house, the BEA are parked across the street at the mechanics. Matt goes over to tell them there is a woman living with the guy across the street and when he comes back home he confirms that she is the one they are looking for, and she's not home. I want to hang out and watch the ensuing chaos from the front porch over a couple MaiTais, but we go get a couple subs instead. When we get back, the car is gone.

How exciting!!!!

1 comment:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

"Are you f***ing with me?!" -Billy Bob Thorton as Santa. Bad Santa.

Of course, this would have to happen after I leave.

Wow!

You would think that a bounty hunter might have been more precise though. I mean wrong house. Wrong person. Slightly cliché.

I mean according to TV's Better Guide to Bounty Hunting, otherwise know as "Bounty Hunter", when they don't know were someone is they call around to all the rat-friends before they go packing in in-person house-calls.

p.s. I love how you worked in "The fat is chewy". Classique!