Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekly Update


General news from the life of Jody!


I'm off work this week, no choice of mine. We're furloughed, so I'm on unemployment. I'm taking this opportunity to do what I did last year at this time: bake dozens of cookies for the holidays! I'm doing three different recipes each day (not counting Thanksgiving) which will give me a grand total of 9 different types of cookies this year, not counting the bourbon balls.


Went to Helen's funeral on Saturday, loads of family there including some people I've never met. Cousin Muff was there, she must be around 90, and her daughter (never met). A funny thing: it was fortunate that my mother warned me before we got there that Helen had a twin sister, Leah, because if I hadn't known and then looked over and saw her walking through the crowd....well, let's just say it would have been emarassing. Mom and I actually debated on whether we should tell Matt or not. Heh heh heh.


But the funeral was loooong and very very religious. I, having gone to church every sunday as a child, was prepared for the long hymns and the Apostle's Creed, which we recited every week (and I still know by heart). Matt was not prepared for all this. I was a bit amused by his reactions....


A nice touch was the choir, which sang at the service. Helen had been a member for a long time, and they had her robe laid out on one of the chairs. I thought that was really nice. They also prepared lunch for us all, which was also unexpected and very nice, and I made it a point to thank them before we left. We're talking around 100 people.


After that, family went back to the widower's house. I had a nice time looking at the pictures that one of the daughters had put together, I especially liked the ones of the twins together through the years. I was surprised to find two of my baby pictures in an album along with their kids pictures. That made me feel good. I really like Bim, (the widower) and plan on visiting him. He's only a half hour away.


Matthew is feeling better, but his voice seems to come and go.


Medical: I got a call from the doc today, they are ordering my arm stick. It's going to be a $20 copay!!!!!! Instead of the $600 I was expecting!!!!! So I should be doing that soon.


I have some christmas presents on the way. I have more to order. I haven't been working outside since the weather is cold & wet, maybe Wednesday or Thursday since it will be warmer and dryer.

I think that's about it for now....

1 comment:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

It was good catching up with you the other week on this.

Thanks again for sending me my umbrella. Loves his 'brella.