Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas, etc.


Christmas this year was nice, we did a small Christmas. My parents, however, didn't. They never do. Christmas is really big for them (not in the religious sense, but in the giving sense). My dad didn't have a lot growing up, and I think this is his way of making sure his kid doesn't have to go through the same. He got me a mid-range Kitchen-Aid mixer. His idea, which totally floored me. They also got me a nice gardening tool set, and got Matt some work gloves he'd been wanting and a few other things.

Matt's parents got me a gift certificate for a European facial, which should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it. They got Matt a GC for two hour-long massages at the school on top of the mountain. They got us a GC for the local winery. And a few odds and ends. We got them an Oriole feeder, since they have several families of Orioles that nest in the yard in the summer, and a few other odds and ends.

We went to Marshall's last night and I picked up a German brand baking dish. I am in LOVE with this dish. The brand is Emsa, it is a special type of ceramic called Ceratherm. You can put it in the freezer. In the oven. In the microwave. In the dishwasher. AND on the grill. Only problem with it is that the nice cover was missing, but it is still a baking dish and it was $3. You can't argue with that. So, I'm going to try to find some more stuff online, the company looks great and so do their designs.

I'm planning a trip to Clarion this coming Wednesday and Thursday with a stay-over at Tim's place. I still need to contact Doc and confirm, set up a time, but that shouldn't be a problem. I've never made this trip by myself. Yes, really. But I drove down to Lexington, VA, to visit a friend a year or so ago and it is almost as long, and I didn't have any problems, so this trip should be good, too. Still, weather permiting.

1 comment:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

It was really great to see you and a definite change of pace.

Miss you already.