Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update on both fronts

Max is doing well, we had his appointment yesterday afternoon to get checked out post op. There is a normal amount of inflamation in his operative eye. The corneal ulcers aren't healing as quickly as she'd wanted, so she recommended and did another procedure for that. I won't go into details. Suffice it to say it has a 99% success rate within 2 weeks and he now has contact lenses. Yes, you read that right. My mother just loved that, she joked that she can just see me on my hands and knees at a outdoor cafe or something, saying "Don't mind me, I'm just looking for my dog's contact lens!" We go back the end of next week for another checkup.

He also still wasn't eating this morning (not much to eat since Friday evening). We were concerned about this. Matt has been maintaining that it has to do with his habit of rolling on his food and he can't with the cones on his head. I scoffed at this, but apparently it worked because Matt took a handful of food, rubbed it on his back and Max then ate it right up. Yes, you read that right. Dogs are strange.

As for the Grandma situation, the viewing is going to be Wednesday night and the funeral mass Thursday morning. Family is starting to fly in today. 3 people are staying with my inlaws, despite the fact they had their well drilled deeper yesterday and as of an hour ago the people had still not shown up to put in the well pump and hook everything up.

No comments: