Monday, July 20, 2009

Not Buying It

Clothing: Got a top and a skirt (gasp!) at Eddie Bauer for 70% off.

Food: Foraged 2 gallons of raspberries/blackberries, so that’s free-to-us food. I made a cream cheese dip out of the Blackberry Chipotle sauce I canned last year, it was *fantastic* so I’m going to can another batch or two of that this year as well, probably mixed berries.

The refrigerator is getting full with small amounts of a large variety of veggies; not enough to really do anything with, but enough to make it hard to get anything else in there. Cooking steak this evening with sides of leeks and….not sure. Maybe grilled squash.
Household: I took the advice of a friend and started putting a pinch of corn meal in my face wash to use as a scrub, and you know it works just as well as the $40/bottle stuff I usually use, which I’m almost out of. Great tip.

Utilities: The A/C units are STILL not in, it has still been soooo cool. I don’t think I have ever seen, in my 34 years, a summer without air conditioning; it would be wonderful. Also, we installed a programmable thermostat for use during the heating season. We can set the temp for low during the day when we’re not home, and set it to come up shortly before we get home.

Gifts: Nada. I did have a younger cousin and his wife come visit my parents, and the 6 of us all went out to dinner but my parents paid.

Home and Garden: See garden blog for garden info, it is doing well. Matt maid 3 very nice benches and a table for the fire pit area, all out of the logs we had from the pines we cut down.

Weaknesses: Went to the beer mart, got beer. *7 six-packs* of beer. We were almost out, you see, and….well….

Purging: I purged about 4-5 inches of hair. Yup, got my hair cut. I also need to go through my clothes again, fall clothes too, because I’m apparently dropping a bit more weight.

No comments: