Friday, February 28, 2014

39 Things to do Before I Turn 40

My birthday was Wednesday, I turned 39.  As I said in a prior post, aging doesn't really bother me too much.  Maybe that will change, but right now I just get amused by people (mostly women) who freak out at a grey hair or a wrinkle.  I love the silver in my hair; I think it looks like glitter.  How awesome is that?

I decided to try something this year, and maybe (hopefully) it will be come a yearly thing.  I wanted to come up with a list of things I wanted to do before my next birthday, in this case before I turned 40.  I had a mental list of things I wanted to do this year anyway, so why not put it on paper and make a game of it.

39 things is harder than it sounds.

So far I have 12 on the list.  I will keep adding things; I have a year, right?  Some are pretty innocuous, others more challenging.  Here's what I have so far (I'll add to it when I come up with more):

  1. Take the Cold Forging 1 class (this is silver and copper work)  Signed up for the March class
  2. Take the Beginning Lapidary class (stonecutting)
  3. Get a massage a month   January and February are down
  4. Go back to Brevard, NC with the Hooband
  5. Drop 15lb
  6. Got to that climbing wall in Manheim, PA
  7. Try snowboarding
  8. Got to a drive-in movie with the Hooband
  9. Make one garment a month for myself   January is done
  10. Learn to knit   I'm in the process of teaching myself and I hate it
  11. Go rollerskating again
  12. Get a cover for my old, fading tattoo
I'm trying to avoid things like "Go for more walks with Tillman" because that is pretty vague.  What is more?  How many?  Being specific is best.

No comments: