Thursday, February 17, 2005

Waiting for weights

Matt and I purchased a membership at the local university athletic facility. It was $200 less than the local YWCA and god knows how much less expensive than the local Gold's Gym. I've been twice so far, Matt's gone three times. Our plan is 2-3 times/week. So far so good!

I'm looking into doing weight training. With free weights, of course, not sissy machines. Matt does sissy machines. I found a fabulous website for women interested in weight training: www.stumptuous.com/weights.html Great information a real human female can use, and it's funny. I want to get my metabolism up, my weight down, my strength up, my BMI at a better range, etc etc etc, and the way to do it is through weight training. It helps a lot that I LOVE LIFTING WEIGHTS. I woke up sore the next day, but I slept better than I have in months and felt better than I had in years. You can't beat it.

Matt and I had a big fight on Valentines Day and then somehow worked everything out and have come to some sort of understanding that we haven't had before. It's odd. I think we got real serious about some things and talkec (actually TALKED) about them at length and explained where we were coming from to the other, and we understood (actually UNDERSTOOD!!!) it all. And LISTENED!!! It was refreshing and scary at the same time. Hope it lasts.

No comments: