Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Busy busy!

I still haven’t received my business cards yet, but I am in great anticipation of getting them. I also haven’t yet bought the domain name or the moo.com mini cards, but Friday will be the day. I’m also thinking of opening a store on Ruby Lane. Go check out the website and tell me what you think.

I also haven't gotten through to anyone at the PA State Corp Bureau about changing my mistake on the form. I've left voicemails, not returned. I used their online form, which told me (twice) that the information I was trying to view had expired (WTF?). Typical state bullshit. Stay tuned.

Garden is fooming, all is well there.

We will be starting work on and around the house this weekend. Crush & run was delivered this morning for the greenhouse foundation, we’re hoping to get the forms up and pour concrete this weekend. Also on Saturday our buddy Joe will be up with his bobcat to do some work on moving land around. I’ve already taken some ‘before’ pictures and will post them with the ‘after’ pictures….after. We have quite a bit of outside work to do to get ready for that….

We did a lot of outside work this weekend, including but not limited to getting the asparagus bed finished and cleaning up the two flower beds in front of the house.

I also cooked a leg of lamb last night, which was a first. We both agreed that it could have used a better crust on the outside but all in all it was very good. We also tried to duplicate the lime & mint frescos we had at Olive Garden and they weren’t exact but they were pretty good.

My mother gave me a great cookbook recently called The Horizon Cookbook. It is a history of eating and dining through the ages and through various cultures. The first half of the book is all narrative, the second half is full of hundreds and hundreds of recipes from Roman times through present from all over the world. I’m just thrilled with this book. Tim, you will have to go through it when you come visit next, lots of French, Spanish, Jewish, German and South American recipes.

1 comment:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

I recently made the acquaintance of someone who builds websites. Nice guy, friend of Dorothy. I don't know much about what he does, but it's a potential hook up if you are interested in setting up a website.

Mmmm... lamb....

Oh... :-( it was a lamb.

Mmm... lamb....

::repeat ad nasea::

We'll put the cookbook on the list, perhaps cook from it.