Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Various and such

Work has been difficult lately, people are just morons. I don't want to go into too much detail (and besides I think I have only 2 readers so 50% of you have already heard all about this), but I'm working on an exit strategy to get out of here within 2 years via my jewelry business and our farmette, with a possible part time job on the side if necessary. Stay tuned.

The job search for the new fed in charge of our contract is apparently well under way, we had two people wander through yesterday casing the joint. It was interesting, we didn't know anything about it, but the woman who came through in the morning told us she was an applicant but failed to mention that she was invited up to take a look around. The gentleman who came through in the afternoon told us he was invited up to take a look around, but didn't tell us he was an applicant (by this point, though, Linda and I had figured it out because we're just too damn smart for them). Both were very nice and fairly young (40, give or take 5 years). We're not sure if this means interviews are taking place, but I doubt it. I think they're narrowing down the pool, our library is very small and a young up-and-comer who is looking for something larger may decide they're not interested after all and withdraw themselves from the running.

Garden is moving along. Matt and I stopped by to see David and Junko over the weekend, they are hurting for fresh veggies because the weather has been so cool for the past few months. Farmers just don't have much available, the only produce they had to sell at their stand was strawberries and spring onions. But he has veggie plants for sale this year, and I can supply him with some of those next year, we're selling them potatoes and garlic this year, and possibly sugar snap peas and berries.

We're seriously kicking around getting a greenhouse. It would be about $800. In addition to being a greenhouse it would also be a perfect storage spot for all the stuff we have in the garage because we need to tear down the garage sometime this summer. I was just in there and the walls are bowing even more than they were before. Scary. We cleaned out an old stove, an old heating unit, and an old grill (we took them to the scrap yard and got $58 for it all), but we still have all the garden implements of destruction, lawn mower and weed wacker, et cetera.

1 comment:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Woo! I'm 50% of something!

I like the idea of a greenhouse. I think it would be a good thing.