Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cool Harbors

We put our 3 window unit air conditioners in on Friday when I got home from work, thank god, because it is hot as hell right now. I think it will get cooler on Wednesday, only 89.

I wanted to get my business license done this weekend, but didn’t. I wanted to order business cards and buy a domain name this weekend. Ditto with the didn’t. Probably tonight.

Matt has a ‘date’ with the building inspector tonight at our house to see what kinds and how many hoops we’ll need to jump through with the upcoming garage demolition and rebuild and the addition.

Max had a bath, he is now Fluffy Yorkie.

We went to Olive Garden for lunch on Saturday, food was good. Of course. The best thing was the frescos they have on their drink menus for summer. I had the citrus fresco, which is citrus vodka, vanilla liqueur, and citrus juice with a lemon and lime wedge, and a touch of sprite. A bit too sweet but good. Matt had the lime and mint fresco, which had (duh) lime juice and mint, and rum. It was fantastic, we are going to try to find the recipe. Really good.

We then went to Target and got some things we didn’t really need but will be helpful. I got a nice light weight top for summer. Matt got some chocolate, we found some nice metal mesh baskets, and I found a nice brown leather 3-ring binder that will be perfect for a jewelry portfolio, all on clearance. He also found some shorts he can wear to work.

We then went to Cold Stone Creamery for shakes. He got dark chocolate maraschino cherry and I got the coffee caramel. It wasn’t too sweet, just right and great coffee flavor. Then we went home for a nap. We skipped dinner.


Sunday I worked outside a little at a time. I also made some cinnamon ice cream. I’m really happy with it, texturally it is the best custard-style ice cream I’ve ever done. It called for 2 whole eggs (not just a bunch of yolks) and half & half instead of milk. And I used the Penzey’s Vietnamese Extra Fancy Cinnamon and the flavor is divine. It’ll probably be better today once it’s had time to mellow.

1 comment:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Haven't yet put in my air. Still a bit cooler up here though. I usually end up putting it in sometime in July.

The olive garden drink does sound yummy.

::reaches out with grabby hands @ Penzey's spices::