Thursday, June 19, 2008

Greenhouse, Father’s Day, Veggies for Sale

This week was a relatively so-so week for me. I finally finished the business license. It took me forever and ever to get it done, mostly excuses. So of course when I finally do it I put in a date wrong and have it listed that my start-of-operations date is June 1st instead of July 1st, and now I'm trying to find some idiot in Harrisburg that can comprehend what I'm asking them and fix the damn thing. *sigh* Bureacracy. Not hard, right? I also ordered business cards (see above) in two different designs, and I'm hoping to add more. I'm also going to order mini cards for hanging tags, but I haven't gotten there yet. Oh, and I need to purchase a domain name. And I need to do the township permit (yes, you need a permit from the township to open up a business, $25).


Anyway. We ordered the greenhouse, Matt went to get the building permit (yes, you need a building permit to put up a greenhouse, $50). We’re in the process of trying to clear the place for it, get some crush & run stone and cement bids to do the base for it. We won’t get the actual greenhouse until sometime in the beginning of July.

Trimmed the garlic scapes on Friday and took them to David’s to sell. Tried to hill some potatoes but the ground was really packed so we decided to wait until it rained to loosen it up a bit.

Took my dad out for lunch, I’ll write more on this later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

"Yeah!" on getting stuff done.

"Boo!" for booreaucracy!

"Oy." went to lunch with Dad.


I like the business card. I look forward to seeing the other and future ones.