Monday, June 08, 2009

Not Buying It

I've decided to do this in 2-week updates instead of weekly. Feel free to play along!

Clothing: Haven't bought any in 2 weeks. I did realize, though, that in the case of sudden-omg-last-minute job interviews (like last week) I am seriously lacking in wardrobe since the weight loss, so I will probably pick up some semi-nice clothes that I can fit in shortly.

Food: Harvesting radishes, but of course we don't eat much in the way of radishes. Dried some strawberries for the pantry. Still making bread. Still not buying much in the way of pre-processed junk.

Household: Nothing much to discuss here. I did score a free food dehydrator from my MIL, she had it packed up in the basement and told me just to take it when I asked.

Utilities: A/C still not installed. This has been a nice, cool May and (so-far) June. We close up the house, the blinds, etc, after it starts to warm up in the morning. The house stays about 70* all day!

Gifts: Nothing this week, but my grandma-in-law came over for dinner on Saturday.

Home and Garden: Visit the garden blog for more info. We have one semi-orange cherry tomato on the vine. VERY early this year. Also, squash is seeded. We had a major freebie score this weekend, too. Bamboo. I'll post a picture soon on the garden blog.

Weaknesses: Went to the liquor store for a couple things we were out of, wound up getting 4 things total instead. *sigh*

Purging: Cleaned some glassware out of the kitchen. Next up: old/unused food.

1 comment:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

I know what you mean about the clothing one.

Radishes! Damn Radishes! Dad let them go to seed last year and now they are everywhere!

Weaknesses? ::lol:: Yeah, I was there too...