Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A 4-Day Weekend!!!

I had a wonderful 4-day weekend, much needed relaxation, rest, and getting some chores done that had been on hold while preparing for the big concrete pour Saturday morning.


Thursday, I started a new pendant commissioned by a coworker. I’ll post a picture of it when it’s done.


I also met Matt for lunch, got my hair cut, and picked up a $3 pair of sneakers to wear while doing concrete. They didn’t get too messed up, either, so I can save them for when we pour the two patios, too.


Thursday afternoon I spent planting some Dutch iris bulbs and some tulips with Max, and got finished just before the skies opened up.


Friday, I met mom and we walked around downtown Gettysburg, visiting the shops and scouting out some Christmas presents. I got my mom a Williamsburg Pottery vase, which she collects, and Matt a book on Masons. I also saw some things I want to price out and may go back and buy. I got Max a doggy jacket, with a detachable hood. He loves the jacket, but I’m not going to use the hood. Here's why:

Friday evening, we finished the final prep for concrete.


Concrete happened Saturday morning. It went well, I hope to post more on my garden blog Wednesday or Thursday. I also worked in the garden a bit.


We also took a nap. It was one of those much needed naps, but disconcerting. You know, when you fall asleep the sun is blazing through the window, when you wake up it is pitch dark. It just feels so strange when that happens, is it just me?


Sunday we went and stared at the concrete slab for a bit while we drank our coffee, smiling like fools. I also finished what I’d started on Saturday afternoon – the shallots and garlic are finally in the ground!!! Yay!!!


We also did a little laundry on Sunday evening, and I started playing the Roller Coaster game on Facebook, which I am now addicted to. Ahem. Just when I was thinking of quitting Facebook, too….

6 comments:

Angie said...

That jacket is hysterical! He looks like a small, hairy child!

Jody M said...

He was really really unhappy about the hood. He doesn't mind the jacket though. Just the hood. I'm thinking of letting him rip it up. He does look like a hairy kid!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, poor Max! (But the picture did make me laugh.)

Jody M said...

I used to make fun of people who dressed their dog, but Max is so small, his fur is usually so short that he loses heat very quickly. I remember letting him outside more than once to do his business and he literally was stopped dead in his tracks because he was so cold he could NOT move. I had to go get him. It scared me. So, he has sweaters.

Mama Pea said...

You're a good mama! You might want to consider booties for him, too. I'm serious. We put them on our dog when conditions are such that the snow forms ice balls on her feet when we hike in the wintertime. They're readily available around here because the mushers use them on their dogs so their pads don't get cut when running on ice or hard snow.

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Nice jacket! Sounds like you had a nice day.

I think about quitting Facebook and blogging altogether. I've even had my finger poised to "delete"..., but then I don't.