Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just Between Us Girls...

Something happened to me recently that I feel the need to share because I think it is funny.

I've been needing some new bras for a while and I've been putting off ordering them because it is just such an ordeal. You see, I'm what is commonly referred to as a well-endowed lady. I think the politically correct term is 'bodacious ta-tas.'

It is a pain in the anatomy for me to buy new bras because I cannot walk into any store and just buy them off the rack, so to speak. I have found few styles in my size in the US and most of them look like they were designed by Nazi engineers: they're ugly.

I have found, however, that beautiful bras in my size are available by the truckload in England. So, I get my bras on Ebay UK AND have them shipped 'Royal Mail' for less than the Nazi bras in the US would be. And they're pretty and they do the work that is needed. But I usually don't order very often because it is still a chunk of money and I tend to have very specific style and color needs, and I like to order two from the same seller to save on shipping, so it sometimes takes a bit of work to find them.

So, this is what I've been putting off. I've been saying for months that I needed to do it, I've been then repeatedly NOT doing it. Repeat. Repeat.

So, I then got a kick in the pants to get moving on this when my husband did some laundry a couple weeks ago. One of the hooks got caught in the washing machine and pulled into a pointy metal death stick that would put someone's eye out at 20 paces. So, there's one bra down for the count.

I still put off ordering....until....

The day we poured concrete for the new garage, I sat down to eat some lunch....and the underwire in the left side snapped in half right in the middle. I'm lucky I didn't cut myself, but fortunately it didn't cut through the fabric.

So, now I'm down two bras....and I finally got online and ordered two replacements. There's something about getting lingerie in a package marked 'Royal Mail.'

Mysterious ways, indeed....

5 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, I didn't realize that underware shopping was this great of a challenging for you. I'm glad that you've found the bras you need overseas.

Aye, why does bra-buying need to be such an ordeal? My size appears to be a popular size, because it sells out quickly in department stores. Plus, I'm very picky about the style, making bra-shopping even more of a challenge.

Mama Pea said...

I am not male-bashing here, honest. But the whole bra thing (and ALL it entails) is yet another thing men don't have to deal with or have any idea the hassles it causes in our lives.

Now, can you imagine if men had to wear a fitted apparatus around their . . . oh, never mind.

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Can you email the address for this place. I know two "bodacious" ladies who would appreciate the info.

Jody M said...

www.ebay.co.uk. Then, just do a search for the bra size you are looking for. 28XX or whatever. Double check the seller ships worldwide. You're done.

Angie said...

28XX sounds like a fighter jet rather than a bra size!

:: chuckles ::