Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's a Birthday!

I took Thursday and Friday off work so I would have a 4-day weekend. Friday was my birthday!! Yay, happy birthday me! It was a semi-big one, too (35), but it's just a number.

So, Thursday they were calling for snow and wind. Yes, again. Not much snow, but winds up to 45mph. Sound familiar? However, they screwed up again and we didn't get any snow, just blue skies.

Friday, however, we got snow and the heavy winds. The house was creaking, and I kind of wished for the non-creaky heavy brick buildings that I went through the last wind storm in at work.

I did some laundry yesterday, and then I made orange marmalade since there are some fantastic oranges in the stores right now. I got 4 1-cup jars, 3 half-cup jars, and almost a full pint. The pint is in the fridge, everything else is waiting to be dated and moved to the basement.

Matt was on call yesterday, so we didn't have any plans. Today, though, we are headed to Harrisburg for a green living faire and then to a restaurant. I'm not sure yet where we're going, but I'll let you know.

I've been lax on posting to my blogs. I'm on the computer all day, the last thing I want to do when I come home from work is get on the computer again. I will try to be better about this. Look for some seed ordering posts on my garden blog, and I have a Max post coming up here sometime this week. He has a new lady in his life. He hates her. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had fun in Harrisburg today!

So, who is Max's new lady? And why does he hate her?

Jody M said...

Matt's parents have a new puppy. It is a....Pomeranian. Max hates Pomeranians. I severely dislike Pomeranians. It's been fun. Hahahahaha. Fun.

Mama Pea said...

Happy belated birthday wishes to you, Jody! Hope you and hubby had a very nice day in celebration of your special day.