Saturday, February 06, 2010

NOT Stuck On You

Didn't stay on campus. The roads weren't too bad when I left, the snow wasn't sticking on anything for the first 2 hours that it fell. Snow was fairly light last night.

However, we woke up this morning to this:

That's our bedroom window. The roof for our front porch is out the window, so we're looking at about 2-3 feet there. That picture was taken an hour ago, and now the snow is up to the center of the window. It is snowing heavily now.

More pictures to come, after we eat and plow a bit. I'm not anticipating anything to be actually cleared until tomorrow. I also haven't measured yet, but I don't think we got the mere 16-24" that they called for yesterday.

6 comments:

Mama Pea Quilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Pea said...

SO glad you made it home safe and sound. When it comes to a big storm like you're having, there's no place like home. If you get tired of all that snow, send some to us in Minnesota! ;o)

Jody M said...

It stopped around 2pm, 26" total for us. We did not (yet?) get the wind they were forecasting, thank goodness.

We don't often get so much snow at once around here, and this is two such storms so far this winter.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow, followed by some flood pics.

Angie said...

:: shrieks ::

Definitely not a sight you want to see first thing in the morning!

I'm glad you and the hoosband are safe.

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Damn. You could build a full-sized snowman on your roof!

Jody M said...

We woke up and wondered, "Does it seem a little, you know, dark in here to you?"

I posted pics on the other blog (I don't know why).

They're calling for another 6+ inches starting tomorrow....