Monday, March 05, 2012

The Latest With Work

The most recent information I have about our contract is that a contracting company has been chosen and we should know who it is this week. The fed in charge of our contract, who I will call K, couldn't tell me who it was because nothing had been signed/finalized yet, but he did say *3* times that he thought I would be happy with the choice, and he said *2* times that I shouldn't be dealing with any of the baloney that I described with my old company.

This tells me that it ISN'T my old company, and I have a really good idea who was chosen.

K went on to discuss a bit some of the things he wants to see done differently under the new contract, none of which was news to me. In fact, IMHO these are all things that we should have already enacted but I WASN'T ALLOWED TO because my boss wouldn't let me. Ahem.

The other important thing to mention is that K told me all this. Me. After my boss (who shall be known as Alan, not his real name) had left for the day. Alan still doesn't know any of this, and still thinks the contracting office is dithering.

So, I guess in a way I'm in cahoots with K.

More info later as it surfaces....stay tuned.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

This all sounds good for YOU, don'tcha think?

Jody M said...

I think so, yes. I'll probably have to apply for my job, but that is most likely pro forma. It's just very awkward.