Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Things I've Gotten Recently & Love

DHC CoQ10 Gel Moisturizer

I first picked this up as a sampler (DHC includes samples in every catalog and you can get 4 samples with every order), and loved it so much after 4 morning uses that I bought a tube. Not sticky, definitely not greasy, just perfect.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

The thought of rubbing oil on my already oily face didn't make sense, but again I got this as a sampler and loved it. My face is smoother by far. The only thing I did notice is that unless I use a toner to remove the residual oil I do get breakouts, but I should be using toner anyway. In short, between these two products I can't stop touching my face!

A Year with Rumi: Daily Readings

My friend Angie invited me to a Rumi Festival in December (?), and it was wonderful (thanks, Angie!). I had been meaning to get a book or two of Rumi's writings, and while people were milling about I went around picking up people's books and writing down the titles. This seemed like the best one for me. A poem a day. Perfect.

When Wanderers Cease to Roam: A Traveler's Journal of Staying Put

This has been on my Amazon wish list for something like two years, and I'm SO glad I finally got it! Beautiful art, fun writings. It is a difficult book to describe. It is written by month as the author talks about the 10 years she has Stayed Put on some small village town on Long Island. She mixes in how Januaries are there, for example, while reminiscing about Januaries she's spent elsewhere. I was concerned that getting and reading this book would make me want to travel more, because I am a wanderer at heart and it is killing me staying-damned-put for this long. It is actually quite the opposite as it is making me look at things differently and not feel so trapped. This is a great book.



Vasque Velocity VST Trail Running Shoes (For Women)

My new walking sneakers (mine are in blue), purchased from Sierra Trading Post. If you sign up for their emails (and yes, they do send a LOT of emails), you can get up to 80% specials, which is how I got these babies for $37 when they retail at $110. I also got 2 tank tops for $1.79 each. You need to sign up for these deals, people. The sneakers walk like clouds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I log on tο уοur nеw stuff regulаrlу.
Your ωritіng stylе іѕ
awesome, keeр it up!

Αlso visit my web pagе hcg weight loss scam
Also see my webpage: hcg weight loss reviews