I decided to try something this year, and maybe (hopefully) it will be come a yearly thing. I wanted to come up with a list of things I wanted to do before my next birthday, in this case before I turned 40. I had a mental list of things I wanted to do this year anyway, so why not put it on paper and make a game of it.
39 things is harder than it sounds.
So far I have 12 on the list. I will keep adding things; I have a year, right? Some are pretty innocuous, others more challenging. Here's what I have so far (I'll add to it when I come up with more):
- Take the Cold Forging 1 class (this is silver and copper work) Signed up for the March class
- Take the Beginning Lapidary class (stonecutting)
- Get a massage a month January and February are down
- Go back to Brevard, NC with the Hooband
- Drop 15lb
- Got to that climbing wall in Manheim, PA
- Try snowboarding
- Got to a drive-in movie with the Hooband
- Make one garment a month for myself January is done
- Learn to knit I'm in the process of teaching myself and I hate it
- Go rollerskating again
- Get a cover for my old, fading tattoo